Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another Sewing Day--Life is Good!

 Today I got the last of the pinwheels made and all of Old Tobacco Road step three done!  It is now waiting for us to cut the bricks necessary to lay it out and sew it up!  For now it waits but am happy it is making progress.
 I also cut and sewed this Simple Strippy baby quilt for my youngest nephew's soon to be born brother.  He is insisting his name will be Lightening (as in McQueen) though his mother is leaning towards Oliver!  Hard to see the colors here, but it is lime and orange stripes.  Thought the lizards were good for a boy.  It is just a flimsy at this point.
 Kathy didn't sew much today, but did other stuff.  Then she pulled out this Scrap Jar Star in pink for the SoScrappy Rainbow BOM!  She will make one in each color with black for a background--I may join in and do one with the white.  I spent some time moving my small fabric to the back of my color bins (some cut cut into strips too) and then filled the empty drawers with string piecing strips that are sorted by color.  Things are shaping up organization wise here!
I also took a picture of some of the prep I did for future Rainbow BOM colors!  Well, our Burgundy Beef is in the crockpot for tomorrow, the dip is made for snacks and the steel cut oatmeal is doing its overnight thing so the food is taken care of for tomorrow's marathon sewing of the NYE Mystery for 2012!   

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Such a fun time for organization as new projects are planned and old projects are put to rest.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...