Saturday, March 15, 2014

GO PACK and Polar Bear Paw Block!


Monica is flying her way here from Wisconsin as I type!  We are so excited for her second annual visit!  I cannot believe it has been a year since she was here (and I saw her in June when I was there too) but I know she is happy to get out of the cold and snow and come have a few days with us!  We ordered a small fold up bed for our Packer room and made up the bed with green sheets and the Packer Solstice quilt!  Today I whipped up a Packers pillowcase for the other pillow too.  Now she will be all set!  We have spent most of the weekend spring cleaning...works out well to do all that before we have company.  So the house is looking good, I have still been doing the elliptical (up to 13 minutes total now--in two or three shorter workouts) and am doing my bike.  Feels like I have a gym in my house!  Lost 2.6 pounds this week (total is 12.2 I think) so still going strong.

I also finally got back to the Wild and Goosey blocks and made one today.  Still love these blocks, gotta try to do one every weekend so I eventually have enough for a quilt!
You may have noticed I added a new picture to my sidebar several months ago for the Classic Meets Modern QAL that I have been wanting to make time for...I finally just decided to get going on it and hopefully will be caught up before the April block is announced.  I have the Vintage Quilt Revival book by Katie Clark Blakesley, Lee Heinrich and Faith Jones--if you like modern or vintage you will drool as I do over these blocks and quilts.  I have marked off several I would like to make!  So here is the January block "Polar Bear Paw Block" and I am pretty happy with it!  I wanted one paw to stand out so it got the orange, and I was thrilled to FINALLY use up some of the hst's left over from making Picnic!  With any luck I will be on to February's block soon!






















2 comments:

✄ Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy ✄ said...

Gorgeous! Do I see some Flea Market Fancy prints in there? Love it!

Roslyn said...

Your Goosey is certainly wild, LOL!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...