Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quiltalong Comes Together and Scratch Top is Done

Tonight I decided to sew some of my quiltalong blocks together into rainbow form like I had laid it out previously. I have more blocks left and am undecided if I will do another one or add to this one, but I was happy to have it come together! All those colors make me smile!
More red fabric came for Scratch from ebay so I could finish off the borders. The red was not quite the right red....I added it anyway and hopefully it won't be too noticable, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I found the matching backing fabric at Hancocks of Padukah online for $2.49 a yard! It is so scrumptious! Finally have another top for Ros!
I also cut some more pieces for the Pineapple Blossom blocks that I will continue working on. Been watching Ghosthunters tonight while doing all this sewing...creepy but compelling!


Jane said...

I like the rainbow effect, lovely to see another one come together

Amy said...

It took me a moment to reaize....but you had a facelift again! LOVE the red background; matches your header graphics perfectly!

Oh....and matches perfectly with Scratch too! Such pretty colors.

Amy said...

oops!!! "reaize = realize"

A Whole Lot of News!

For some reason I do not think this Kathleen Tracy sampler ever made it to the blog after I quilted it with a baptist fan and bound it.  Lov...