Friday, September 23, 2011

Designer Mystery BOM is Done :)



It has been a more than crazy week and I don't even know where the camera is (and I need to take it on the shop hop so I better get looking for it--the cord is right here though, sigh!). However, I have some pictures because Ros Atwood finished quilting my Designer Mystery BOM quilt which is for my parents for Christmas. She used a varigated rainbow type thread to quilt it and she says the pictures don't do it justice. I will get it from her tomorrow and I can't wait!



Here are some close up photos. I sure hope my parents love this quilt as much as I do. They already have a tabletopper I made them from this fabric and I may make some Christmas napkins from the leftovers if I find myself with time on my hands (dreaming!).





I love the fabrics in the quilt and really enjoyed making it even though I am usually not a huge fan of sampler type quilts. This one was lots of fun! I got my first swap from Santa Sack Swap 2 with some gifts...thanks Shannon, I will post pictures this weekend I promise!

3 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

It's GORGEOUS! I love the red binding...and it makes me even more anxious to receive mine from the quilter!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful quilt. Even if you don't usually do samplers, this one is a winner. What a pretty line of Christmas fabrics.

Shannon said...

Wonderful!! Wow, I love it. I am sure your parents will love it. I am glad that you got my Santa Scak stuff.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...