Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saturday and Some of Sunday Sewing!

 Here is the first block of the Patriotic BOM from 35th Ave.  All done for January!

 I was also super excited to get my Allietare shirt and magnet!  Later on I will order the pin and maybe a travel coffee mug.  They were not ready when I placed this order and I didn't want to wait.  They sent me a coupon so it is all good.  If you want any of the products that ForestJane puts together for Quiltville (profits go to purchasing sewing things for charity sews) go to Zazzle.com and search "Forestjane" and all should come up!  Of course on the back of my shirt is my usual proclamation!
 I worked quite awhile on the Nimble Thimbles mystery last night.  I had to do some unsewing and to take my time a bit to get the points to line up decently.  I used the 20 dollar chevron ruler I bought from Quiltz last shop hop to make the chevrons. I gotta say I LOVE it.  The units were great and it did not take me too long to figure out how to use it to get the best results!
I am still in Weight Watchers and am still exercising daily.  I have been staying about the same weight for the past 5 months.  It is not for lack of trying, but between the stress of my life, the medication changes (for the chronic migraines) and the migraines themselves I am happy I have not just gained or given up!  I would really like to get to 105 down this week so am working extra hard.  This morning (54 degrees when we started and 49 when we finished) Kathy and I headed out to hike.  It is only her second hike since her knee replacement surgery eight weeks ago so after a few minutes we split up. I headed all the way down into the mountain and then up and out on the Ridgeline.  This is a challenging hike for me but I am getting faster at it and am happy to listen to some tunes and get my steps in!

 I was happy to have this jacket Becky passed on to me, I think it is the first time I have hiked and kept my jacket on the entire time!  It was chilly.
 After a hot shower I got to finishing up the clue for the Nimble Thimbles mystery.  I am about out of the dimples in the shade I started with, but had another shade which was super close.  So I added it in and unless I look super closely you really cannot tell.

 And all the parts waiting on the next clue.
 Amy (of Amy's Passions) has completed her last block for our swap!  She is sending me the blocks above and I am sending her half the blocks from below. Gonna be a fun quilt when it is done!
Since this was our RSC this past year I am linking up with Angela over at SoSrcappy and next up I hope to work on the blue blocks from the sampler chain I am still working on!

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

You have made so much progress. Sorry you are stalled, but even so. Think about how far you have come! Once all the medical issues are stabilized, I am sure that you will be right back on track again. Love the RSC blocks. So happy! Looking forward to seeing those finished quilts start to show up.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

That is a great treasure of colour that you and Amy are sharing. Keep on with the WW..you can do this!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing the blocks you receive from Amy! FUN!!

Magpie Sue said...

It will be fun to see what comes of those two block collections. And how the mystery quilt turns out! I admire your determination to stick with the weight loss program. I know how hard it is. Keep up the good work!

Moneik said...

Have you heard of Plexus? It's supposed to control blood sugar levels and thus stop migraines for those who suffer. I've been using it for weightloss, but thought it might help you with the migraines.

Michelle said...

You've been busy! Love all the rainbow blocks!

Sheila said...

Your colorful blocks are wonderful! You have been busy. Sorry to hear about the migraines.

Feathers in my Nest said...

I got my Tshirt & mug too!! I didn't know Jane would print on the back of the shirt for us too! Thank you for the heads up!

Oh my, migraines are the pits..Get them checked out.

Roslyn said...

Oh I quite forgot about 35th.Ave BOM I wonder if i can still get in on it?
Have you considered Botox for the migraines?
Might be worth trying……

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....