Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Word for 2016

 Last Sunday I made my first Christmas gift for 2016!  Two Christmas tree napkins for Coleman and Chelsea.  I am going to try and make at least one gift for someone for Christmas each month.  I did that years ago with a challenge and it worked great!
 I missed the recent Quiltcam (but hope to catch it this weekend) but saw Bonnie was working on basket blocks. I decided to try one of her patterns for a basket.  I am not good with the applique part so this basket shall remain on its own for now.  I was thinking it was paper pieced when I started it and I am ready for more paper piecing.  I have a HUGE basket of scraps that I have whittled down to HUGE I might say and I need to start using them!

A few years ago I decided I needed a word.  I chose "believe" as in believe in yourself.  I bought myself a necklace with the word on it and I really did repeat the word to myself all year.  Last year I informally had the word "strong"  as I would be hiking I would be telling myself I am getting strong.  I like the power the word has and so this year I gave a lot of thought to what my word should be.  Someone suggested the word "fierce"  I am thinking I hope to fit that word next year but this year I am becoming fierce...becoming healthy, becoming who I am want to be.  So this year's word is "become"



see how this little kitty is becoming fierce?  That is the goal!


3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I've always thought of doing this and never got around to it. This year I decided to and my word for the year is "balance". I need to find more balance in every area of my life. Going to be interesting to see how the word plays out in my life in 2016. You've chosen a great word.

Bente Antonsen said...

I like the idea of having a word as a goal.

scraphappy said...

Great word for the year. Cute little basket. Little being the key word.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....