Saturday, January 30, 2016

Playing with the Rainbow!

Amy sent me her Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks and I could not resist playing with them, with my Betty's Choice blocks, to see what they would look like.  


I think this last one is the winner so far.  Amy says she is going to play with sashing when she gets time and I may just wait to see what fantabulous layout she comes up with!  Linking up with SoScrappy!
 She also sent me some surprises!  I got some fabric...LOVE those buttons!  AND she sent me some of her homemade soap!  Three different smells, one better than the next!  I don't know if it was just coincidence or if she just knows me and what I like but if I were out picking my own smells I would have come up with these!
 Today I was supposed to go hike but have had a three day migraine so was not up to it.  By this afternoon I was feeling better though so Kathy, Barb and I went to the Rusty Barn Quilt Sale at the fairgrounds.  We ran into lots of quilty friends which was super fun!  BJ, Andrea, Jennifer, Laura, Margarite, Crystal, Debbie, and Berta!  I bought all these goodies and Kathy got some soap and dog shampoo.
 Came home and sewed up the Circa 2016 nine patch blocks for the Temecula Quilt Company mystery.  Love working with civil war fabrics again!


13 comments:

PeggyinNO said...

Those blocks look great together. And I think the last arrangement is the best!

Edith said...

The rainbow scrap blocks are great, I like the 3rd or 4th arrangement.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

if there was a poll established, I am going to say #3, the colour blocking the best. That said, yes wait to see what your exchange mate is also pondering. I am so sorry about the continuing migraines, that cannot be fun. :( But holey score on the new quilty goodness and gifts from friends.

Unknown said...

Had a blast next year more time....and MONEY

Unknown said...

Had a blast next year more time....and MONEY

scraphappy said...

So much fun to finally see the blocks all together. Glad the migraine is finally gone.

Angie said...

Loving all those great scrappy blocks together!

Quilter Kathy said...

"Playing with the rainbow" is a good quilt name! Fantastic blocks!
Isn't the Temecula project so fun?!?!

Sheila said...

All the rainbow blocks look great! I love this colorful challenge.
Cute button fabric. Happy to hear you are feeling better.

Jennifer said...

I like the button fabric, too! I think the color co=ordinated layout of your blocks looks the best,- not sure why...

gayle said...

I like the third arrangement, too, but tomorrow I might have a different answer. It looks like the kind of set that you could play with forever and enjoy every minute.
I love your Circa 2016 blocks! I'm eyeing that quilt along, but haven't started anything yet...

Sooli said...

The last layout is my favourite too, great scrappy blocks. If anything was going to move your migraine on a bit of quilty shopping would! (Sounds much better than a hike to me!)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh you are going to have so much fun figuring it out!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....