Sunday, January 31, 2016

Prepping for Love Shack!

We hiked this morning and I could not find any mojo to sew.  I finally took a nap...unusual for me but just have not been quite myself!  After that back to the sewing room.  We watched Grease Live and loved it.  Finally decided to prep up Bonnie Hunter's Love Shack!  
picture is from Quiltville.com

There is no pattern for this unless you take her class for it, but you can get the individual block patterns from Bonnie's blog.  I have wanted to make this for a few years now but as a pattern follower I just never went to the effort to print all the patterns, etc.  

I have now printed all the patterns and even did the prep for many of the blocks.  I put it all in a bin and labeled it with my dry erase marker so now  it feels like a work in progress instead of a vague plan.  Pretty sure this will come to quilt camp with me along with some other little stuff and talkin turkey...really need to cut those borders out!
 So really there was not alot of sewing going on this weekend though I spent quite a bit of time in there anyway.  What project have you been dreaming of doing that you just gotta get kitted up?

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Smart thinking to kit everything up! When you are ready to sew, the project will be ready for you. Such a time saver!!

Moneik said...

I have a Twist and Turn pattern that I've been wanting to make with a coordinated group of my stash and I finally started cutting for it two weeks ago. Still cutting!! At least I am making progress getting it prepped, but it's a lot of work.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....