Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Moth in the Window and Grand Illusion Progress and Coleman is 28!

 Tonight I sewed up twenty more double diamonds for clue two of the Quiltville Grand Illusion mystery quilt.  Ten more to go, I am in the home stretch and will be ready for clue three when it comes out on Friday!  The key to these units is taking my time and not zipping through them!
When I finished that I wanted to do something easy so I made two Moth in the Window blocks.  I have cut out a bunch (and found my leftover cut out stuff from before too) and like to make these in positive/negative pairs.


 I want to get this top done before Christmas so I can wrap it up for Coleman.  It needs quite a few more blocks though so hopefully I can get going on it now that I have the other quilts bound and such!  Pattern is in Quiltmaker Nov./Dec. 2011.
Today is Coleman's 28th birthday too!  I cannot believe I have a kiddo that old!
We scanned a few of Coleman's scrapbook pages--here he is as a newborn and his senior year.  And below is his baptism and him in my lap (taken by my then four year old brother Sam), his first Christmas and when we moved back to Wisconsin (he was born in AZ) we got a five generation picture on the couch.  My Great Grandma Myrt, My Papa DeLos, my mom, me and Coleman.  Time sure flies!

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Happy Birthday to Coleman! Love the moth in the windows.... that will be such a pretty quilt. Great job on the mystery progress.

Kathy S. said...

Happy birthday, Coleman! (LOVE that name, by the way.) Moth in the Window is also on my "to do" list! Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I love the positive/negative effect too. Happy sewing!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your moth in the window, what a great little block. GI is looking great.

Vireya said...

Happy birthday to Coleman!

I know how you feel, as my son just turned 29 and I can't believe that either.

Bente Antonsen said...

Love your moth in the window. A great block. On my want to do list :) Have a nice day.I an still working on Grand Illusion clue 2.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...