Saturday, December 20, 2014

City Sampler Check-In

 Keeping caught up which is awesome during this busy Holiday time!  Here are blocks 35 and 36 of the Tual Pink City Sampler.


I also made biscotti.  Ros the Quilter posted her recipe here, but since I did not have the red velvet cake mix or the white chocolate chips I went with one of her alternate recipes.  On the top is maple and pecan and the bottom has maple, pecan and mini chocolate chips.  I also made my cousin Tricia's healthier recipe (not pictured) and that had vanilla and almond, some with chocolate chips.
I finally also made spice cake/pumpkin cookies.  They taste okay...they are supposed to be semi healthy.  That is the extent of my holiday baking unless I suddenly get the urge to do bread tonight to give to my family on Christmas.
I lost 2.4 pounds this week for a total of 74.6 pounds!  This week will be quite a challenge--trying to get to 75, but thinking it may take a few weeks--eek!

4 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your city scape blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your blocks.
Congratulations! Another awesome week!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wtg on your weight loss. I am down 22 and determined not to gain any during this holiday season. No baking done here. If hubby and daughter want some sweets we will purchase a small tray at the local bakery.

Marly said...

Great city sampler blocks. Be strong on the festive eating. I shall try to follow your example; you've done so well this year.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...