Saturday, February 8, 2014

Ring Around the Hexies :)

 After work tonight I made four labels and attached three (don't have the Mickey quilt back yet) by machine.  I usually hand tack them, but they will stay longer by machine, so I went for it.  I also packed up a huge suitcase with all the Bonnie quilts and tops that live in my house for the Tuscon trip!  Talkin' Turkey is still on the design wall and the split nine patch leader/ender is also still in block form, but in my suitcase are three quilts and about five tops.  Packer Solstice didn't fit in the suitcase, but it is coming.  I was planning to take Randy's Orca Bay (asked if I could have it for a week, lol) but it is huge and will not fit either, so I might leave it behind.  I usually am not such a big show off at guild meetings, but I know Bonnie will enjoy seeing them, so they are coming!

I finally got the other nine blocks cut for Ring Around the Hexies.  All the four patches are made and one sample block as you can see.  Still have one more hexie to finish and they all need to be sewn onto the black blocks.  Bringing this with me to Tuscon too so Ros can see it and maybe Bonnie too!  There will be rows of hst's between the blocks, they are made but not sewn into sashing strips yet.  I maybe should have stuck with yellow instead of orange, but I forgot that I was switching it up and cut all the orange...my yellow in the hexies reads orangeish yellowish, but thinking I should have stuck with yellow?  I think I am just going to go for it as is, this will just be wallhanging size and may take its turn hanging over the bed.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...