Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Purple Heaven is Growing....and a New Start!

I gifted Bonnie with a Valentine's Day mug rug.  She said she will use it at the cabin.  Fun!
Here is our table on My Blue Heaven day holding up our first blocks.
And from the other end of the table too.  Thanks to Bonnie for the great pics!

I worked on more purple blocks yesterday before working til midnight!  This morning I hand stitched another hexie on Ring Around the Hexies and got the rows together that I could.  Two more to sew down before the center row can be assembled.
I then spent several hours trying to decide on my modern medallion quiltalong center while watching the Olympics.  Very distracting, lol.  I finally decided on the "Compass of Many Colors" Block 9.  It was a free pattern online and now that I know how to paper piece it isn't too bad to put together.  My goal is to get that center done tomorrow since I am off work, then I will go back to my purple blocks.


I should check Angela's blog and see if any more pink blocks are out for Rainbow BOM so I keep up with those too!
I also had a great mail day when I returned from my trip!  Heather, who won my magazine giveaway, gifted me with a surprise Valentine's Mug Rug!  I love it, TOO CUTE.  Thank you Heather!





1 comment:

scraphappy said...

So much fun! Looks like such a great day.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...