Monday, February 3, 2014

Ring Around the Hexies Continues!

Slow Sunday Stitching

 While watching the Seahawks kick butt in the superbowl I did a little hand sewing on my pieced hexies.  And I am linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday!  I finished up these three, but then I needed to make enough for one more set.  I got right on it after the game.
 If you haven't made pieced hexies before, you can see in the lower left what the part you sew looks like, then top center is the hexie placed where it will be glued (or hand basted) on.  I just trim each side to a quarter inch and glue them so they look like they are supposed to.


I sewed up all four of the easy block that the hexies will be attached to.  These aren't attached yet, just laid out for effect.  I also made all the hst's for the alternate block (didn't take a picture of them) and cut some of the parts.  I am hoping to get a few of those blocks made now that this project is making progress!

Here is Bonnie's picture...this is what I am aiming for!  Ros how are you coming on yours?  It is really a fun little quilt!
Oh and I was flattered to get an email that my spools quilt is the cover photo for the Aurifil Thread Page on Flickr!  That made my day!

4 comments:

Gina said...

I love these hexies. I really need to move my backside and get that book xx

Roslyn Atwood said...

Bring the hexie stuff to Tucson & tell me what I need to bring to get started!Please!
Mickey Mouse is on the longarm...........

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your spools quilt... and so fun that it is famous!
SUch great hexies! Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching...thanks for linking up!

Roslyn said...

I love your hexies Angela, please bring them next week to Tucson & tell me what I need to bring to get started!
Oh, Mickey Mouse is done, it's on my blog!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...