Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quilting on the Rim--TOMORROW!

Becky and I are headed to Quilting on the Rim tomorrow for three and a half days of mystery quilting with some new friends we haven't met yet!  Last summer we were sewing together and got to reminicing about    quilt camp and how long it had been since we had both gone...right then and there Becky searched the         web and found us a camp to go to!  It is in Show Low (which I have never been to) and it looks like a great relaxing place to hang out and quilt for days on end!  I can hardly wait.                                                          
I have my mystery fabrics all picked out and prepped.  You may remember these pictures from awhile back when I was getting ready.  We made a ton of hst's already and cut lots of little pieces so we are ready for anything when we get there!  



I am also bringing some hand sewing (Ring Around the Hexies), some knitting, some embroidery and in case there is machine time in which I am not working on the mystery, I am bringing a new project which is my cheddar churn dash.  I was inspired by a picture I saw in a magazine, which I still have and the Cheddar in the Churn here at Sugarland Quilts.  Awhile back Becky drafted me a pattern so I could make the quilt and I bought the cheddar fabric (for me and some for Becky's birthday too)--it will be a small one, but I am really wanting to play in the cheddar fabric!   I am really looking forward to a few relaxing days and catching up with Becky.  It has been awhile for that too since she just moved and has been crazy busy with that! 

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...