Saturday, February 8, 2014

In Other Book News...and Some Slow Stitching...


This morning before work I finished reading this book...I love that it was loosely based on two women who I had never heard of who really did make a difference in the world.  If you are looking for a good book to fall into this one will grab you. 

I am working today and so no sewing til tonight, trying to make up hours since I will be missing four days of work to go to Bonnie's lectures and workshops.  So lucky I have a job that often is looking for people to work on the weekends so I can pick and choose to work then! 

I hope your day involves more sewing than mine! I did bring my second elephant embroidery with me (which is barely started) in the hopes that I can eventually have another pillow like this to gift, because I couldn't bear to part with the first one!

1 comment:

Marly said...

I love that elephant cushion. Is the complete elephant hand embroidered? Did you have a pattern? You certainly have skill and patience to have done such intense stitching.
It's ages since I did any free embroidery, but I think I could manage this if I had an outline to work from.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...