Sunday, January 8, 2023

Tea Party is a Flimsy and Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023 Gets a Start!

Tea Party (from Mystery Quilts Anon NY Mystery) is a flimsy.  It still needs a good press, a quick square up and a backing, but the binding is made.  Andi from Arizona offered to custom quilt it for me, so I will be sending it to her in a few months when she can slot it in.
Today everyone was busy so have been listening to "Middlemarch" and I spent quite a bit of time sorting through a zillion HST's that have been accumulating for decades.  I put each color/neutral in a bag and all the bags in a bin.  Those that did not have a neutral went back in the odds and ends bin.
Next, I sorted through the blues since they are the January color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023!  I had enough of the 2.5 inch squares (after some trimming up) to make two blocks with varying colors.  I may make some that are 2 inch too since I have lots of those that could be used.  
Here are the first Dakota Farmer blocks.  The pattern is from Quiltmaker Nov./Dec. 2013 and is a great use of leftover HST's!  I also have a stack of all the same blue and white (leftover from a 10 dollar quilt me, Kathy, BJ, and Barb all did and which I got all the cut offs and leftover hst's) that could be a block.



 

1 comment:

Deb A said...

How fun! Those scraps are going to make lovely blocks!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...