Sunday, January 15, 2023

More Mystery Progress!

I decided to participate in the Modern Quilt Studio's mystery quilt this year.  The fabric pull is very scrappy with two piles of fabrics in darks and lights....here are a few pictures of my pull.  I have already added more to this too but you get the idea.  If you are doing this and do not want to be spoiled for the first installment, skip this post.

Here the first clue..done but not photographed real well.
You can see some blocks are light and some are dark.  The second clue is out and so far I have not started it.

I also added two more plainer blocks to my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Dakota Star blocks.  I also have lots of smaller hst's I hope to make into more blocks.

I started A Quilting Life's BOM Mystery too.  I decided to do it in the smaller block size and to use my sewing themed fabrics.  Hoping it will be a cool wall hanging when it is done.  


Meanwhile, Becky completed her Sparkling New Year quilt top.  She is gifting this one to her daughter.  I love how it came out with the mushrooms!


BJ (above) and Barb (below) completed the inner part of the Merry Mayhem #176 mystery.  Barb does not plan to add more borders, not sure about BJ.

                    

Barb also completed her Tea Party quilt top.  It turned out great though she had to do some unsewing a few times (so did I) because it is a little tough to do this one without a huge design wall or floor to lay it out.  




 

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Lots going on in your quilting studio right now. Have fun finishing up those mysteries.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...