Saturday, November 2, 2013

Rock Candy Anyone?

 Happy Belated Halloween!  Several of us terps at work decided to wear fake eyelashes for some Halloween fun--you can't really see them but I have mine on, lol.

 I got some great mail too!  So excited to be checking out Modern Quilt Illustrated.  I really like the quilt on the cover too!
 Kathy and I decided to hang a bunch of my little quilts up high in the quilting studio where we had some blank wall space.  Love my personal little quilt show.

 Last night and tonight we broke out Jaybird Quilt's Rock Candy pattern and ruler that we bought on shop hop.  We LOVE it!  We used up some leftover scraps and I made the one above and she below.  Tonight she quilted hers, no picture yet.
 

 I also made five of the twelve zip up bags (pattern from Craftsy class) for Christmas presents.
 

 Then we got back at the Rock Candy pattern with Halloween fabric.  This one is the one Kathy made.
 And I made this one.  These are going to make great Christmas presents (even if they are in Halloween fabric!).
Tomorrow we are taking Coleman and his girlfriend Lexie (visiting from Canada) to Cave Creek for the parade and Rodeo days.  We will meet my family there and it should be a good time.  We have to get up early, so I need to get to bed!  Hoping to sew tomorrow night, but if not I will be back at it on Sunday!

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

Your rock candy table toppers look great!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...