Sunday, December 6, 2015

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

You may remember last year I made two of the Temecula Quilt Company's "Twelve Days of Christmas" so this year I wanted to do the tiny quilt called "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"  I am loosely matching the colors they have chosen but am using leftover hst's and such and cutting them to size to use what I have and make it faster!  




 Coleman and Chelsea took their puppy and kitty (above) and headed back to Wisconsin yesterday.  They are going to live with her parents since Chelsea really doesn't want to be away from home.  We are happy to have our entire house back and to have calmness and cleanliness return.  Love them dearly, but they need to find their own way.  Here they are tetris-ing everything into the van so they can take it all with them.
 

Fran (a guild member who is a friend of a friend) quilted my Nimble Thimbles President's Challenge quilt for me.  So today I attached the binding and will finish sewing it on my hand in the next few days.



 Barb asked me for some Packer fabric so she could surprise me and make me this little cushion for my featherweight.  She saw that I always store my mug rug in that spot so the machine doesn't touch metal to metal.  So happy for this. She also offered to make me the iron caddy that has been on my list forever as long as I gave her the supplies I had for it!  I decided I wanted it in the matching Packer fabric so she is working on that.  I need some good ideas for what to make for her.  Do you have a fab idea for something to make for a quilty friend?

 Block 5 from Temecula was made last night.






2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like things are calming down around your house. Adorable little blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting your space back. Best of luck to the happy couple as they make their way to Chelsea's mom's.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...