Monday, December 7, 2015

Making Tracks to Guild and Talkin' Turkey and More!

 I am keeping up with the Temecula Quilt Company's "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"  I love sneaking in sewing during the week!  My job this morning ended two hours early and I had that time free to come home and sew before heading to my regular gig.

At work I finished hand binding my President's Challenge quilt for Nimble Thimbles.  Our current president is Suzy and she gave us the solid red fabric (Kona cotton Lipstick) and two little thimbles (one for front and one for the label) and said it was to be a mini about "what Nimble Thimbles means to me" and to bind it in black.  We will share our quilts tomorrow night at the Holiday Party and then we can enter them in the show together.  I have not ever tried to do any of this before and with the hectic past few months I have had, I am impressed that I have it done!  My friend Fran offered to quit it for me because I was afraid I would ruin it.  She did a great job and I owe her one!

 Tonight after doing my elliptical (still eating right and exercising--just not really going anywhere lately but not giving up!) I snuck in more sewing time while watching "The Wiz" and here are all my sashings and bindings for Talkin' Turkey.  Bit by bit this one is getting closer to a top.

Kathy is SEW happy she is finally done with Grand illusion so we can get this quilted for Coleman and Chelsea's wedding quilt.  She is now happily sewing away on clue one of Allietare!
Last night I prepped up a new hand project--Bonnie's "A Little Bit Hexie" looked like so much fun and I just decided to do it!

I am looking forward to stitching this up when I have time away from home!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...