Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pink Lemonade Flimsy Done and my First Sock!

My first sock is finally done and I am continuing to work on the second one. I love it!
I haven't weaved the ends in yet, but I have plenty of time to do that while I finish the other one.
I saw that Lori posted the last bit for Pink Lemonade so I decided to cheer myself up after that awful Packer loss. Seriously a sad day here! So it took no time at all to cut what was left and do the four corner blocks. And only a little more time to sew it all together. Not sure how I will quilt it but Lori will post some ideas and I will see if I can copy any of them...lol! I have decided I really, really enjoy making small quilts like this. They go quickly and give fast satisfaction and they look so cute on the wall! I am getting quite a little collection and may have to dedicate a wall for them all sometime soon. At this point I just change out one in a spot by my sewing area, but I think there are getting to be too many for that! YAY. I don't think I am ready to give away any of these little ones yet either!
I was just organizing my pictures and updating my flickr too and I am amazed at all I accomplished at the sewing machine in January. I hope I get half as much done in February!

8 comments:

Béa said...

I like your colour's choice for Pink Lemonade, all scrappy. Beautiful !

Suburban Stitcher said...

love the sock! I need to pull mine back out...it'll never get done in the bottom of the knitting bag :)

scraphappy said...

I can see why you love little quilts. Adorable, fast and decorative. Hard to beat all of that!

Roslyn said...

The little ones are their own reward, I just never know what to do with them Andee!
I have some pinks I need to use too, even have a plan.............
Maybe a good project for Huggy Bunch!

Linda said...

Your sock looks great! The last one I started was way too big for me and I didn't finish it. I need to pull it out and start over with a different pattern.

I love your little quilt, it is beautiful. I love quilts on the wall and I trade them out for different seasons or different moods I'm in. This one is a real stunner!

Lori said...

It is fantastic!! I hope you got a start on quilting it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the pink lemonade!

Michelle said...

Your sock looks great! I love the colors and the way the bands go so perfectly around the heel. I don't think any of mine have come out that nicely.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...