Saturday, January 14, 2012

Orca Bay Clue Seven is Done--Mostly!

Fabulous mail I received today (and my Fairy Tale charm packs from a few days ago). I am stocked up on thread for awhile.
This afternoon after Becky's grad party (congrats Becky!) DJ and I finished our Hulu marathon of "Once Upon a Time" and then started "Terra Nova" which we like too while I sewed and sewed and sewed and OMG sewed the rest of clue seven. I did these flying geese in sets of ten, sewing, ironing and cutting off the dog ears...127 flying geese (which I think may be too big but I am not really going to double check and depress myself at this point). I still have to do the four hourglass units to officially say clue seven is done, but go with it. I need to feel progress.
Look at that stack of geese coming along...
All of my pieces look like they may turn into a quilt top finally! I honestly feel like putting this one away for awhile til its UFO number comes up. Usually when I get to the end I can't wait to finish, but I have a feeling I am going to need to adjust those flying geese and I just can't even think about that now.
Here is what it is looking like when I lay it out. I love the colors and I am not sure I have the yellow squares going the right way. Just wanted to get an idea.
Tomorrow I heading to a co-worker's house to teach her to sew a baby quilt for another co-worker. Then I will be home to watch the Packers play! Might get back to finishing up knitting my socks..it has been awhile.

4 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

looking good! i have some socks i need to be working on too...but something else always seems to pull me in.

scraphappy said...

You have made so much progress on Orca Bay! I hope you don't put it away as a UFO quite yet. It is going to be a stunning quilt, and with all of the pieces done it shouldn't be so bad to put them together.

Amy said...

AMAZING colors!!!!! love it love it love it.

Once you get to the layout stage, my best advice is to lay it out, take a picture and look/look/look BEFORE sewing together :0) (yah, remember my posts!) ;)

I can't get over how amazing your colors look; I love 'em!

Deb A said...

Oh, I love your Ocra Bay. Just check the size on one... you may be surprised that it will work for you. You have a great eye for selecting colors.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...