Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First UFO and Orca Bay Coming Up for Air

I am happy to report my first UFO has become a flimsy! Really that was easy since I only had to add two more rows and a border to make it so. DJ needs another quilt top for her niece's belated Christmas gift so that is what this will become. Hopefully we will get it basted and I will attempt to quilt it soon! I still have some leftover blocks in this pattern so I may put together another flimsy too so I can get it off my UFO list. (Oh, I realized tonight that I have a thirteenth UFO if I count the NYE Mystery which is waiting to be sewing into rows and get some borders).
I also made some binding for the Full House Around the Block Schnibble that I have packed up for Ros. Sorry my ironing board cover has already seen better days!
I also finished and pressed 100 (well somehow there are 102) of these babies from clue 6 I think it is. I have four of the other half done to attach to the green triangles...so LOTS left to go on that. I think that step gets pretty boring. I also finally sneak peaked a look at one each of the blocks to help me feel like this quilt is getting somewhere! I like them!
And here is the whole mess of it all packed up to go to Ros' and sew. I need to deliver a quilt top and miss the gang. June, you are welcome to come with me Saturday if you are reading this! So I had a nice night of sewing tonight. Tomorrow I work late and Friday I have to prep, prep, prep so I may not get much done til Saturday but I cherish every minute of it! Oh, I used my new travelling machine (the Brother) tonight and sewed like a top for me!

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Great progress on Orca Bay. One step at a time........

Looking great though, and that is all that matters in the end.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...