Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheddary Challenge Progress

Whenever my little basket of scraps gets low I fill it back up...I am really enjoying making these little bow ties and admiring them on my design wall all year long!
Today I finished off my ninth block and put it on the wall.
It isn't very big yet, but I love the variety of scraps. Bottom row in the center is the "ticket" in at the National Storytelling Festival that I had to pin to my shirt all weekend. Several of the blues in there are my grandma Nan's scraps that I inherited now that she is gone. The Mary Engelbreit black with flowers reminds me of sewing with June and loving her dark background fabric so I had to buy this similar fabric. So many memories and so much enjoyment from Bonnie's Cheddary Challenge! The purple is my daughter's favorite color (and looks like I need to scare up some more purple!).
I can't wait to check out all of the links on Bonnie's blog tomorrow so I can see how everyone else is coming along with this challenge!

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Happy little bow-ties. Love the power of leaders and enders.

carol fun said...

Wonderful quilt - I love those cheddar bow ties and the memories sewn into them!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...