Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sewing with Friends!

I put a border on my Boo Crew Quilt!

Becky and Barb and I worked on our Soul Mates Mystery Sewalong a few weeks ago and got the tops together.  My borders went on later that week.  Not the greatest picture as it is too big to lay out inside and I have not had the energy to take it outside in the heat!
Here is Becky's.  So fun to see two quilts in the same colors still be so different!
                                                

I got out my daughter's old dollhouse for Hazel (who will be two in September) and she loves it.  Here she is swinging the baby doll in the swing.  This kid is so much fun and talks so well.  She signs too but her talking!  She skinned her knee yesterday and said "Nana cleans the ouchy part and puts a bandaid on it" which is a line from a book she has.  She has an amazing auditory and visual memory too!  Blows our mind.  She is starting to tell us about events that happened in the past too.  She just moved up to the two year old room and is the youngest kid in her group again.  The parents go to meet the teacher, etc. and sevral other parents kept asking Hannah and Jeremy how she is talking so well, and commented must not be your first, etc.  She was apprently pointing to things in the room and telling her parents this is x's cup and this is y's backpack, etc.  Most of the other kids cannot name the kids much less the things that belong to them.  We are blessed!

Our last group sewing session Becky and I worked on Ruby Jubilee...barb was a clue behind so did some cutting.  She now has both clues cut but not sewn.  Here are mind.
Here are Becky's!
                                                    

A few weeks ago I attended an online virtual reading retreat.  So nice to have a social life without leaving my bed.  I was in bad shape and skipped Friday night but did join in all day Saturday though laying down through most of it.  These books (and so many others) were highly recommended to us (each person got two minutes to pitch a book!  I did The Thirteenth Tale and got about fifteen people to agree to group read it in October!) and I immediately ordered them.  Many more went on my wish list for Amazon or for the library.  It was so much fun with reading sprints, games, panels, etc.  and I look forward to another one sometime!

Today I sewed my UFO for August together.  This is my lockdown houses quilt made with the bitty block house pattern called Home Sweet Home.  I started these houses in Arizona and sewed one per day til I was really sick of them!


I accepted a job with ASU doing some grading for ASL classes.  Mostly videos of students signing. It is supposed  to be less than ten hours a week.  I am hoping I can do it since everything exhausts me.  I figure I can grade laying down in need be.  If it is too much it will be short lived. Now that I finally have disability I am not desperate to work though I miss it so much.  I miss having my health more.  I go Wednesday for a table tilt test to see if I have dysautonomia.  Whenever I am sitting my heart rate goes up and standing even more so. If I stay out of bed all day my heart rate goes to 120 and stays there while sitting.  I get a horrible pain between my shoulder blades too.  My cardiologist ordered several tests and gave me nitroglycerin.  I am living 70 percent of my life laying down and even then struggle to function.  I still sew but not nearly as often or nearly as long.  


 

2 comments:

Vireya said...

I'm glad you still get to do some social things.
What a joy Hazel is!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your house quilt top together, Andee! So sorry to hear about your health woes. I didn't realize things had gotten quite so bad. OMG! Hazel's almost TWO? LOVE that story about her meet the teacher experience!!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...