Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Four Finishes, Progress on More, and a Trip to Ohio!


The rainbow scrap challenge color for July is purple.  I love making both these blocks.  Log Cabin Love above and Butterfly Bush below.  Both patterns from Quiltmaker's "Addicted to Scraps" column by Bonnie Hunter.
I sent three of my quilts to New River to be quilted by Melissa.  She does a great job and has a quick turnaround time.  Kathy made this top but I bound it.  Was hoping to surprise her for her birthday but she busted me binding it!  She is the Patriots fan in this house.

This is my modern medallion.  I designed this one myself a few years ago but got stumped and decided it was done and was a wall hanging.  Got lots of compliments on it on facebook which surprised me.  

This one was the mystery from New Year's--Merry Mayhem's Ups and Downs with my own border copied from Bonnie's Scrappy Mountain Majesties.  The quilting is beautiful.  This one will be gifted to my best friend Monica and her husband Bob. They already have one large and one mini quilt from me both in blues and browns but this one is a Christmas quilt.  


I also quilted a baptist fan on my free little mini quilt from Kathleen Tracy's page.  Love a small project and pretty happy with how it came out.  
                                        
We took a quick weekend trip to Ohio last weekend.  It about did me in since travelling and not being able to control how much I lay down makes me so much more fatigued.  Even just sitting takes it out of me.  We do not plan to do it again unless I improve significantly, but we had not seen our oldest son and his wife and six kids, and two grandkids.  We spent time with them bowling and them swimming and eating together.  We were so glad to meet the two newest members of the family and see the rest.  Here is the whole crew (Kathy is taking the picture).


 

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Congrats on all those finishes! I love that medallion wall hanging.
Great that you could meet up with your family members, but it is a shame it took so much out of you. Hope you recover from the trip quickly.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on being able to send three quilts off for quilting. That is quite a bit of binding time to look forward to.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...