Thursday, July 21, 2022

Big Book Summer Challenge Progress and More.

I could not remember if I had quilted my last Mourning Crosses quilt (made with bits of my Dad's clothing) so I searched my blog and saw that I never posted it finished, but I it was finished and in my cabinet.  So here it is.  
For my "Christmas through the Year" challenge to myself, I made two more stockings to go to Norway to my honorary daughter Rachel's new step children.  Made both with leftover bits and love the one on the left so much I do not want to send it!

These are all my books read in June.  Twenty-four.  My favorites "I Must Betray You,: "Passing," "The Sun Does Shine," and "The Hidden Girl"  A True Story of the Holocaust."  

My big book summer challenge hosted by Suzan at the Book by Book blog is going well. Apparently, I like big books because according to my StoryGraph these are all over 400 pages and read since the start of summer.  Really enjoyed "Young Mungo" and "Persuasion" the most of these.  I did my first official Buddy Read with Sandy from Ms. Reads Alot on Youtube and we had such a great discussion on Voxer.  We read "The Robber Bride" and the first two thirds of it was amazing and then the end just fell off the tracks.  Very disappointing, ack! 

 

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...