Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Hazel Joelle has Arrived!

Hannah and Jeremy have announced the birth of Hazel Joelle!  Born last Wednesday on September 23rd (the date my mother picked since her bday is August 23) at 7 lbs. 12 oz and 19.5 inches long.  
We are calling me Gramala (nod to Kamala since my name is Angela) and Kathy is Bumpa.  We are in love with her already!
Did a little mystery sewing with BJ on Saturday.  All ready for the next clue next month.  Sunday I facebook chatted BJ, Andrea and Ruthie and cut and sewed three soft books for Hazel (and future grands).  I had never made these but someone gifted me five panels so I watched some youtube videos ahead of time and sewed them up.  (Today I have started on the other two--one of which is a double but might as well get them done!)


I am so over the moon that Hazel is a girl...I have dreamed of having a granddaughter that will remember me when I am gone as I do my Grandma Char.  She shaped me so much and I want a chance to do that with my grands.  As of now they hope to have another in about two years so with any luck I will have a few to get close to!

BJ finished up this top while we were sewing and then worked on her mystery blocks.  She is waiting on more of her neutral to finish the blocks.


 

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Congratulations! Babies are so much fun and I'm sure you'll love being a grandmala.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations to Gramala and Bumpa!! Hoping Hannah is doing well. Little Hazel is beautiful!!

Deb A said...

Congrats to you all! Can I suggest that you get one of the record a books, and record you both reading it - swap pages to read? That will gift them with your voice reading a book to them. Mine have them from their grandparents. Love you to the moon and back is a good one. I think Hallmark stores have them.

Vireya said...

Congratulations on the new family member!

Andra Gayle said...

Congratulations Gramala! Hope you get lots of cuddle time!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...