Monday, September 21, 2020

Halloween Sewing and Reading



Finished reading David Copperfield and opened all my gifts.  I enjoyed the book more than I thought I would though sometimes I had to reread to figure out what the old language meant.  I also watched it on BBC and it was actually a good representation of the book.  Interested to see the new one that is in theaters now.  Also read the August book (finished last night) and opened the gifts.  Really an even more fun way to read than normal.  I am super excited for the next box and the fun Halloween boxes.  We are really trying to not spend much since I am not working much but I have to have these boxes for now!
This book was good--sort of a puzzle to figure out that kept me guessing.  Out big excursion on Saturday was to the public library.  Got cards and already hooked myself up with Overdrive for audiobooks! 
I finished the top for a pumpkin table runner for my mom and for my sister in law.  Here is a picture of mom's.  Ashley's is smaller.  Mom has a HUGE long table so this will be perfect for it.  I do not have Bonnie's actual pattern so I had to use the quilt direction and her picture and it is not exactly the same (and this one bigger and the other one smaller) but I like them all the same.  I made one for me last year but it has only five pumpkins in single file on it.  If you do want the pattern you can find it at Quiltville.


Last year Barb and I sewed up these cute little Ring of Coffin quilts.  This year we Skype sewed and made them into pillow covers.  Mine has the red center and hers has the black center.  SO CUTE!  If you want this pattern--it is paper piecing--you can find it here.



 

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun Halloween sewing to keep you occupied, Andee!! I'm loving your Mom's table runner. MUST make... someday!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...