Saturday, August 16, 2014

Prepping for the Next Quilt Camp!

 I am planning to go to quilt camp again this Fall (though I haven't actually signed up yet!) and I got to thinking I should start deciding what I want to bring.  I haven't gone in a long while and I don't have near as many working in progress as I used to that I can bring with me.
First up is a paper pieced pattern of the Arizona flag that we got at shop hop last year.  I now have scraps all ready to go for two of them.
 I prepped up Piney Flats (a mini Bonnie Hunter) because I love those minis!  I am using leftover nine patches from Carolina Crossroads and Puddle Jump Mystery, but the rest is just cut and ready to sew.

 Several years ago Amy posted this pattern from a calendar picture that inspired her.  I was doing too much other stuff at the time and always wanted to get to it!  So finally I got to working cutting this one out.  I decided to do the four patches in yellow so this will be a Packer quilt.  I have no shortage of folks wanting one of those!


I have a few other things ready for cutting--pretty sure I will be all set by the time camp comes around!

4 comments:

Gina said...

YOu are going to be one busy lady. Looking forward to seeing all your makes xx

Amy said...

Okay. Seriously. Do you eat? Do you sleep? Do you work?
It seems you are the Quilting Energizer Bunny!!!!!!!

LOL

Yay for the Packer color combination! And you know.... ummm.... I'm antsy to start something new despite have TONS AND TONS of WIPs and UFOs, but..... well, a Packer quilt is YET to be made....

Maybe, just maybe, I'll dive into my greens and yellows and make a Packer quilt too. I probably won't use the calendar pattern; I'm off to look at my "must-make-someday" list.

{{When it becomes a WIP/UFO, I'll be sure to blame you!}} ;)

scraphappy said...

Looks like lots of fun for quilt camp. Enjoy!

Cheryl said...

What camp do you go to? I would love to go on a quilting retreat here in AZ sometime!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...