Monday, August 25, 2014

Hawaii Sunset Bucket List Quilt Sees Progress!

If you have a great memory, you may recall I started working on the Hawaii Sunset quilt two years ago when I saw Jo of Jo's Country Junction making one.  That led to a little challenge in which Andra, Amy and I exchanged some little geese and then Angela got in on the action too!  Andra finished her quilt a long while ago, Amy finished hers this past week and Angela was about done the other day too!  So since I don't want to be too far in the dust I decided to take advantage of the fact that I only worked one job today and so was home early for me.  I started with the middle row--I was dreading the sashings and the on point setting.  I wound up just cutting the sashing diagonals as I went, made it easier for me!






 Pictures of something this size suck at night...I have to drag it outside in the sun to do it justice but here it is sans borders (which are not yet pieced though the four patches are made!).  I am SEW happy that my bloggy friends kept on with this quilt and that pushed me--this seriously could have been that one UFO that just hangs out forever.  Funny it took a few hours to get the top together tonight but I did not have to rip even once and it really wasn't near as hard as I thought it would be the three times I dug it out and put it back!
 


7 comments:

bunbear said...

very nice!

Deb A said...

Great job!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow great job. Love the vibrancy of the colors in this one

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is just gorgeous, love all the bright colors.

Roslyn said...

It's gorgeous Andee. looking at your production the past few days makes me feel like a sloth!

scraphappy said...

Woohoo! Good for you! Love how it looks all together. Some quilts just get stuck at some point along the way, but I am glad that you have pushed past the sticking point. The borders should be no problem now that the blocks are together. Congratulations!!!!!!

SandyPA said...

Good work! Love the bright colors and hearing your determination to finally finish this UFO.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...