Sunday, June 29, 2014

My June NewFo

I didn't think I had actually started anything new in June so that I could link up for the NewFo Challenge, but I went back through my blog and realized I started my Cheddar Churn Dash this month!   WHOOT WHOOT!
 This picture was in a magazine--Bonnie's friend in the Netherlands's had a quilty photoshoot.  I fell in love with this and could not find a pattern anywhere!  Becky helped me (ok she did the whole thing) come up with a pattern.  You may recall I lost it and guessed on the size of the churn dashes and made a whole bunch at 6.5 inches before I realized they were WAY too big.  So this month I started again with 3.5 inch blocks.  They are so cute.  Many of the fabrics are from the estate sale I went to a few months ago.  That crazy lime one was June's fabric.
 I was trying to get a picture with one of each colorway but whoops, got two of the one of them!

Linking up with Cat Patches for the NewFo linky party, check out what everyone else has been starting on over there!

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love the Churn Dash block, but even better when they are tiny churns.

Gina said...

THey look great xx

scraphappy said...

Too cute. Love your little blocks. Maybe you can get it finished up during the holiday week.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love those blocks!

dq said...

Now that is some serious churn dashing. They look like they were a ton of fun to make. Thanks for sharing.

Pattilou said...

Oh, my those are little! I do love churn dash though in any size!

Cath said...

I love how little they are! well done

Deb A said...

So cute! Are you setting them with cheddar like the photo?

Barbara said...

Beautiful. Love those traditional blocks.

Brown Family said...

I really love the tiny blocks!

Dasha said...

I love Churn Dash. Long time since I made them though.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...