Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cheddar Churn Dash is Started--Again!

 For dinner we made one of my favorite healthy meals--chicken fajitas!  We buy carb balanced tortillas and have all these veges with some chicken on them.  They are delicious!  I should also mention I lost 4.4 pounds this week, so all my extra efforts paid off!  I have started doing the elliptical in the morning and at night and the bike at night and occasionally also in the morning.  I am doing close to two hours of exercise a day and maybe not minding it so much!
After a late dinner and our exercise, we decided to sneak into the sewing room for a bit.  You may recall that about four months ago I made a dozen or so churn dash blocks which I thought I could use for my cheddar churn dash quilt...however since I could not find the pattern that Becky had drafted me based on a picture we saw I guessed the size way too big!  So these little churn dashes are 3.5 unfinished.  I will be making lots more for variety and will lay them out in a zig zagish layout.  It will be a doll sized quilt for my collection.  I have been dreaming about making this one for a long time, so it is about time I get to it!




5 comments:

Gina said...

well done on loosing the weight. I'm jealous that you are disciplined enough to do your exercise. THat's where I always fall down.
Love the baby churn dashes xx

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on the exercise and weight loss plan. Sounds like it is really paying off! Just adorable blocks. They will be adorable as a miniature quilt.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great idea. Those adorable little blocks will make a lovely little mini quilt. Talk about will power - two hours of exercise daily nets great weight loss. Way to go!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love the cheddar with the churn dashs!!

Deb A said...

I love fajitas! Great job on the lifestyle change. You are doing great.
Pretty churn dashes- love them with the cheddar.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...