Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fairly Productive Friday!

 Kathy and I planned to go see "The Heat" today but at the last minute our plans changed.  We wound up picking up my new glasses!  The ones on top have transitions lenses in them (it was two for one deal) and the others don't.  I about fell over walking in the leaving the store since it seems like the ground is two feet higher and i am two feet shorter, really a strange feeling.  So I wore them for several hours tonight while sewing and watching movies (The Abduction of Eden, Guilt Trip and Snitch) and am trying to get used to them.  They don't bother me inside so far, weird!
Well after posting about projects to take to Wisconsin I was suddenly motivated to hand sew the hexie flowers on now, so I did all twelve (just finished and it is 3 AM) and tomorrow I will get this little doll quilt top together.  I think my modified plan is to hand quilt it on the road!

 I also realized that if I am going to take these baby quilts with me I have to get going on the quilting so I quilted this one and bound it.  The back was perfectly straight with the strips, but I am over it!  Pretty sure this one is for Taylor's baby.
 Here are a few more of the hexi flowers, didn't get a picture after that but will be more more tomorrow!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...