Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swoon 2013!



Last year I saw lots of folks working on Swoon and the more I saw it, the more I liked it.  Then a few months ago at the PHXMQG I saw Danny's Bee blocks in person and realized I need to make one for me!  The long term goal is to make it big enough for my queen size bed.  The pattern is for 9 huge (24 inch) blocks but I think I have to add 7 more blocks or so to make it big enough so this is going to be a long term project and I am starting by having Kathy cut 9 blocks.  Lucky me, she agreed to help!  So last night I picked the fabrics--Denyse Schmidt fabrics and we got started.  I can't wait to see this start shaping into my very own Swoon. 

 Here is what I have cut so far and the stack of fabrics waiting to be cut!
If you missed the Swoon boat the first time around and want in, now is your chance!  Head on over to Sarah's blog at Fairy Face Designs for the details and button.  Join the Flickr group too!


No comments:

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...