Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mug Rugs All Around

I spent the majority of my day in the quilting studio on Skype with Barb.  I also watched Bonnie on QuiltCam.  I did lots of little things like organizing my batting leftovers, cut batting for Suli's baby quilt and for my Skillbuilder BOM blocks, I think I made a fourth mug rug (or was that last night? lol), wound all my bobbins, and I made binding and attached it to all four of my mug rugs.  This was the first victim.  Not too bad from a galloping horse as they say, but I wasn't happy with it in more ways than one---I decided to rip it all out and attach it by machine on the front and hand bind the backs of all of them.  So here is the first one..

 and redone...much improved.
 I did do my biking, and then continued hand sewing along while watching Once Upon a Time and Downton Abbey.  This one is my favorite (below) and I am keeping it!
 Here is number three.
 And number four.
 Here they all are together.  One will be for my daughter, one for me, one for the PHXMQG swap and one for a personal swap with new quilting friend.
I hope they like them half as much as I do!  So very glad I FINALLY made some mug rugs.  It has been on my list for a very long time :)

1 comment:

Marelize Ries said...

Ooooh, I love your mug rugs, I made my very own yesterday for the 1st time too, was on my 'I want to make this list' for far too long... :-) (I posted them on my blog)

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...