Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter and A Streak of Sunshine

Randy did most of the cooking for Easter this year and here is our ham and below is our whole spread. He made the most delicious carrot cake with homemade frosting.

Coleman had to go to counseling and DJ had to work so we ate in shifts but we made it work all the same. We didn't make it up to my sister's either--just couldn't work it out with the hour drive and the time we had to work with. It was a good Easter anyway.
I also got in some sewing which made it a great day. First I cleaned up in the sewing room and swapped the quilts around and did some refolding and all of that. Next I sewed some Harley Davidson patches on a jacket for a friend. (Sort of like asking Picasso to paint your garage, I know) and when that was done I decided to cut and sew a Streak of Sunshine quilt for my co-worker Kelly who is expecting her forth baby. She has no idea I am making her this quilt. She is due in a few weeks so I need to get a back and get it tied up for her soon. I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl (or if she knows) so I did it neutral and used the new duck and umbrella fabric DJ and I picked out at the quilt show.



This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her website and the directions are really clear and it whips up in no time. I was listening to "House on the Strand" by Daphne du Mariuer for the second time while I was sewing away and later was on the video phone with DJ (she was on break at work).


I changed up the pattern a bit by only adding one border and the overall quilt is a little smaller because of that, but I am quite happy with it.



This is the forth or fifth time I have made this quilt and I am always pleased with it when it is done and especially like it for the ease in tying it up...since it isn't in my budget to pay to get everything quilted!











No comments:

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...