Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Finster and some Denyse Schmidt Fabric!

DJ has a little fish tank (you see here) and a huge one (not yet set up) so we decided we needed a fish. I have always loved betta fish and still fondly remember my first one named Fins. So she let me pick this guy out and we named him "the finster"!! In a few weeks when the water is less chlorinated DJ plans to get a cory catfish or something like that and we want to get a female betta too. Then this little tank will be full!

JoAnn's was having their usual sale where you can get 50% off one cut of fabric and since a few of my blogging friends kept carrying on about the new Denyse Schmidt line that is there, I had to go and see for myself. I wound up with four yards of this polka dot for just under twenty bucks. That was my deal of the day. I love it. In fact I really loved about six of the fabrics, but I just didn't want to pay the full price. However, I also wanted to buy "Stitch" magazine and the price of it about sunk my saving on the fabric....there are several great projects in it though and so it may really turn out to be worth it. It is my first time buying this magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving that we can get her fabric with a coupon! Also, I really love Stitch. It is pretty pricey, but I usually use my coupons to buy that too!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...