Friday, July 16, 2010

Joy Luck Schnibbles is Coming Along...


All of the border strips for Joy Luck are sewn together and trimmed since this picture...



The past few days I have gotten in a bit of sewing and have the edges on all the sort of snowball blocks. Tonight I came home from work and got to ironing and sewing and got all these blocks into rows. My rows need some trimming up before I attach them and then I need to finish the borders.


I should have rotated this picture but you get the idea...rows aren't sewn together yet. I have a professional workshop to go to all day tomorrow, but when I get home I hope to get this little top together.

I also have my 12 Days of Christmas block two all cut out.

Remember the barn block we saw in Colorado? Kathy and Coleman decided to make me a smaller version of the wild goose chase in a rainbow of colors. Here it is all traced out and they have cut it out since and bought the paint...they forgot the background color of the paint but I am excited to have this little birthday gift...we will hang it in the backyard! I am a lucky girl!

While I was blogging here Kathy brought over the first painted goose so here it is! I can't wait to see it.
Tonight is movie night at our house so I have set aside the sewing (will be knitting though) and we are watching Avatar. Coleman hasn't seen it yet and he is a huge fan. After that we have a few movies from netflix so we may get to watch one of those. Hope to be posting tomorrow night with a done little Joy Luck Schnibbles!



1 comment:

Amy said...

Can't wait to see the larger/smaller version of the Wild Goose Chase block :0) How big is it?

Avatar---good movie! DEFINTELY one to see on the big screen (IMHO); beautiful!

Will the Scnibbles have sashing between each row, or just sewn together? I guess I'll find out once you post again :0)

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...