Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything!

My nephew, my sister, my brother and his girlfriend at Chuck E. Cheese yesterday. We had a good time!
Tomatoes and Peppers are growing...can't wait to be eating them!

I got the border on the second of these two Pay it Forward quilts for two little girls who are in foster care that I sort of know. I then pieced the batting for one from scraps--for the first time zig zagging them butted up together...it went very well and didn't leave the bump I usually get! I also pieced the backing for both from a fabric that came with a grab bag type thing I ordered because I liked a different fabric that came with it. There was only a little left over, and since it was mostly pink and green it worked out really well with this! So the one in this picture is all tied and ready for binding...the second one needs batting, tying and then binding. Getting there!
I read Weeks Ringle's blog (of funquilts) and she posted a simple baby quilt pattern that I really like and I may have used that for these two quilts if I had seen the pattern a few weeks ago! Anyways it looks great and I will use that one in the future. Here it is if you haven't seen it! Her blog: http://craftnectar.com/ http://www.funquilts.com/gallery/patterns/simple-gifts.pdf

Eight Colonial History Quilt Blocks together...am working on the ninth one. A sign Kathy made for me!


Finally have my computer back so I can blog and all. I have a fan pad underneath it so that it doesn't overheat. I think having it on the tablerunner blocks some of the cooling ability and messed up the fan. I don't want to wreck my antique table though!
Only three more weeks of work...can't wait to be done with that job...I got an email to interview teaching ASL at a college...so with any luck that will happen or I will just freelance full time. At this point I am just happy my high school teaching career is coming to an end. It was not at all like teaching high school Upward Bound kids (they rock!) and I don't feel it is my niche! If you are a high school teacher my hat is off to you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congrats on almost being done with the school year!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...