Sunday, February 26, 2023

Finishes, So Many Finishes!

Becky sent me this awesome snowman wall hanging for Christmas.  I love it!  

I had my Ocrevous infusion mid February.  Took Babel to read but was hit super hard by the Benadryl so I had to start it over that night.  Five stars, I really liked it!
I continued to do a row a week on my Sparkling New Year mystery quilt.


I got the first border on it.  It is a little wavy even though I did my usual measuring method.
Today I got the final border on it and I am happy with it!

I spent all day yesterday in bed...have been super extra fatigued lately but today I thought I would try to get in several finishes.  I sewed the backing for my Tea Party quilt which I am sending out to Andi to quilt.  I did a quick iron of the top too.
It took me a minute to realize when I stay stitch my string pieced borders it is MUCH easier if I do it from the top (like picture) instead of with the wrong side up where I have to fight the many seams.  Sometimes I surprise myself by how slow I am to catch on to stuff like this!

This Grassy Creek started out as Barb's.  She did not want to do the string piecing so she sent it on to me.  I have been working on it on and off ever since.  I accidently cut the string pieced borders at the wrong angle so I went with it and it looks fine.  
It is too big to actually get a full picture of.  I was so happy to finally get these final borders on!  Another one checked off my list!
The UFO for February is my Lori Holt quilt.  My daughter is pregnant with baby girl #2 so I plan on giving this quilt to her before August when the baby comes.  I laid this all out but am thinking it is too busy as it is.  I may redo the alternate blocks so it is cleaner.  What do you think?  Obviously not getting that done in February, but I did finish the quilts above (Grassy Creek was on the UFO list and hasn't been picked yet) but soon.
Barb also sent me all her Emerald Jubilee blocks since she did not like the final layout.  I am not sure if I will finish it as I did my Ruby Jubilee or if I will make several quilts with the blocks or what.  Barb said she enjoyed making the blocks but did not feel like she wanted to finish it.

This Amythyst Jubilee is Becky's.  She also copied Bonnie's layout for the most part and it turned out amazing.  We all had so much fun sewing these this year.


 

1 comment:

Susan said...

It is busy, but I like the organization the lines of squares give it. You have some amazing tops there!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...