Saturday, December 31, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Parade!

I thought it would be fun to create a page with all of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts through the years.   All of the ones I have done have been Quiltville patterns designed by Bonnie Hunter.   I think the first one I did was Jack in the Box back in 2012.  Bonnie asked me if she could put this one in her book that year but in the end it did not go in.  What an honor that was though to be asked!
In 2013 I did Spooling Around as the leader ender challenge and for RSC.  

In 2014 I did the same thing for the lozenges.  This may have been the year that I cleaned out all my scraps and organized them each month as the color changed.  I organized them into strips and all that according to Bonnie's scrap saver system.

I think in 2014 I also did the RSC14 Sampler from Angela's website.  I finished mine differently, but love how it came out.
Around that same time Amy and I did Betty's Choice and a block she designed, swapped and each made a quilt like this!
In 2015 I made the RSC15 sampler also from Angela's blog.  This was a fun one too!
I made two Pineapple Blossom quilts somewhere in there.
In 2015 I did Talkin Turkey and hung it at the quilt show.  This one was a labor of love!  Lots of work but looks great in the end.
2017 was Straits of Mackinac which is not yet quilted.  
2021 I did Pine Tree Point as a Christmas rainbow quilt.  Gave my daughter a matching pillow this year.

2022 I made two Butterfly Bush doll quilts.

Also in 2022 I did Log Cabin Love which is not yet quilted.  
 
This year I am thinking that I will do the Dakota Farmer block and use up a bunch of the HST's I have accumulated through the years.  


I tried to put this post on as a page but for some reason it is not working.  I have several pages not showing and only three that actually show up.  Grr.  I am doing it right according to google.  Any tips?



























 

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful rainbow scrap quilts through the years. I made a new page this morning as well. After adding a new page I had to go to the header in layout and publish the page so that it would display. It wasn't intuitive, but it did end up working.

Vireya said...

Lovely to see all your rainbows together!

Happy new year.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...