Thursday, December 30, 2021

Attic Stars, Ruby Jubilee and Favorite Books of 2021!





I decided that when R Trail is over I will start Ruby Jubilee from Quiltmaker.  It is a mystery of sorts with blocks from Bonnie Hunter, but designed by someone else.  I have always wanted a red and white quilt.  I picked up Kona Cotton white at the door of JoAnn's.  I got a smoking deal too so that was nice.  I really should have just gone scrappy with what I have, but I mostly seem to have cream lights left and so...For Christmas Kathy got me a bunch of half yards of red for this quilt and I added to it from what I already have so I think I am set for fabric for this quilt.  At least until we get to the backing.

Yesterday and today I have been cutting up the clues for the Quilt Mystery Anon's group's New Year's Eve mystery--Attic Stars.  The leader lives in New Zealand so it is her New Year's Day but starts at 2 PM here for me on NYE.  I hope I can keep up but if not, I can get it done down the line.  We already have our roast and organic soup (so I will not get a migraine) is on the way today for our Burgundy Beef.  I used to always have a migraine for the NYD mystery because we always ate this on NYE....with regular soup which I cannot eat.  Not sure what preservatives they put in our food, but my body will not tolerate them! 

Yesterday I also finished up Clue 5 of R Trail.  Tomorrow we get a new clue, but it will be waiting through the other two mysteries.
We did make it to Goodwill midweek and I found these three books.

I am almost half way through "Year of Wonders" and loving it.  It is about the plague the end of the 1600's.  Sounds worse than Covid.  Still loving my new quote mug! 

I complied all of my five star reads from 2021, and here they are!  I have read 127 books (I believe so far) this year and these thirteen were the best!
Hope you are enjoying sewing or reading or both as we bring 2021 to a close.
 

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...