Sunday, March 29, 2015

I Wish I had a Month of Sundays!

 I have decided Sunday is my favorite day of the week!  Mostly because I don't work and there is usually hiking and sewing.  Kathy, Jill and I met up with the Chubby Chicks Meet Up group (at 7:15 AM) and went hiking at the Lost Dutchman-Treasure Loop Trail.  We have long heard it is a moderate level hike and it gorgeous.  We had a good time with about a dozen of us hiking along.
 This picture really shows how much thinner my neck and face have become--I feel so much more healthy than I have been for years!  I did jump Pilates yesterday and woke up with sore thighs (especially the left one) and after hiking three miles every step hurts!  Pilates again in the morning, we shall see how that goes!
 I didn't work on Wild and Goosey last weekend or this weekend, but I did lay out all the blocks to see how it big it is.  I have 68 blocks done and need at least one more row.  I packed it up to take to Quilt Camp so I can get a block or two done there.  I also packed up some purple for my Betty's Choice blocks and to make the flying geese for whatever RSC challenge blocks come up.
I spent most of today finishing up the blocks, half blocks and quarter blocks for clue five of Orange Crush.  I have to make about thirty more little blocks for the border--hoping to do that before camp and then this one can be sewn up at camp!
Still so much to prep but I am running out of zip--hiking at the crack of dawn takes it out of me!

No comments:

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...