Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hawaii Sunset Rises Again :)

Some of you may remember my Hawaii Sunset bucket list quilt...just looked back through my blog and I see it has been about a year since I worked on this quilt.  Where on earth does the time go?  Today I got all the sashes and cornerstones on the nine patches.  I had to cut a few more since I apparently eye balled the count back then!  I also picked out fabric for the border triangles (there are a few consistent fabrics to tame this scrappy quilt) and realized I still need to buy several yards of dark blue for the larger sashings--so that is on my list for next weekend's shop hop.
Check out Andra's blog at http://simplifyandquilt.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunset-in-my-living-room.html to see her completed Hawaii Sunset--it is stunning and Amy has her blocks done over at http://skattebo-skattebo.blogspot.com/2012/12/hawaii-sunset-blocks-done-easy-street.html so I am catching up to these gals.  We swapped fabric awhile back and it is so much fun to see fabric I recognize in their quilts!
I made a a big pot of Chili for dinner tonight (despite the fact that it was about 100 degrees outside) and now am about to settle in with Stephen King's "11/22/63" about traveling back in time to stop the JFK assassination.  I have been reading a lot (which means sewing less) lately..I have missed it!  A friend recommended Hugh Howley's series a few weeks ago and I read all three--"Wool," "Shift" and "Dust."  I really enjoyed them--love to read time travel and dystopian books for some odd reason!  have a great week folks!

5 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

That's gonna be an awesome quilt! I loved seeing the other's color schemes! That sounds like an interesting read!

Andra Gayle said...

Happy Stitching, Andee! You are going to love it when it is finished!

Teresa in Music City said...

Someday this one will get put back on my queue of projects! I just love it but everything keeps pushing it back. I'm going to be SO jealous when you get yours done :*)

Patti said...

Audio books are the way to go. I've "read" so many books this past year at the same time my quilts are progressing. Try it - you might like it!

Amy said...

Caught up, and blowin' right past me, girl!
Great lookin' blocks....
And having been an AVID Stephen King reader and collector during my school-age years through college, I sadly must say that I haven't heard of "11/22/63". Then again, for the past 10 years, I haven't followed books all that much :\ (Other than Harry Potter series and the Twilight series) LOL

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...