Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday and Orange :)

 It never fails..if I try to get a picture of a quilt one of the animals (or several of them!) lays down on it before I can even snap a photo!  So here are the updated hexi photos along with Princess Stitch Kitty.  I sewed another row or so today and I cut and prepped some more too.  Linking up with Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching!
 I did dusting and cleaning of my sewing room today (about every six months I do the shelves and window and WHEW is it dirty!) so more putzing around more than anything.  I did manage to sew up the Em block for the Skillbuilder BOM.  We could turn the blocks in whatever way suited us and I liked the X better than the other layout.  I had a heck of a time getting this block to come up to the right size.  Bias sewing is not my friend!
 I also added to the orange spools in keeping with the Rainbow BOM.  It is really helping me get some of these done now that I am focused on a certain color and not just doing one or two a month, lol.  When I get the color of the month done I try to do some blue because I seem to have the most of blue!
Linking up with Angela's Rainbow BOM for Scrappy Saturday-ORANGE you glad I did?

7 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like you have some great projects going and lots of 'help', too.

sophie said...

Our pets always know to go where our focus is, don't they? Both Princess Stitch Kitty and your hexie project are beautiful.

sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilter Kathy said...

Love the fabrics in your hexie project...and the project supervisor/princess is adorable!
Your orange spools are so cute too!
Thanks for linking up!

scraphappy said...

Your orange spools are looking good. I think everyone has the most in blue. Maybe it will get several turns this year.

Deb A said...

I have tons of blue too! Your orange spools are looking good.

Grit said...

Wonderful spools.
And your cat loves your hexagons ;-)

Greetings from Germany, Grit

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...