Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An Evening of Sew Easy Reversible Aprons

A few weeks ago while sewing with friends, I started four aprons that I had cut out. Eventually I got around to ironing so I could topstitch and finish them. The pattern is by Indygo Junction and it went together well except for the last bit of putting on the band. It was just too thick with the lining to sew on my sewing machine. I broke three needles on the first apron and after that I hand sewed the the band closed.
Here are all four aprons completed! Two are birthday gifts (for August) and two are Christmas gifts...love getting ahead!

This one will be for my brother's girlfriend Tiffany. She picked out the fabric when she had my name for the Christmas exchange last year, so hoping she will like it. The back has some of that aqua coke fabric I can never seem to use up!

This cute little gnome apron is for my mother's birthday. She and I both love gnomes so I parted with this cute fabric I got last Christmas and it is backed in a paisley Christmas red and green on white I got on clearance a few weeks ago.
This one is for my sister's birthday. She is a western and horse nut so I used this fabric and backed it in the aqua coke fabric as well.

The last one I did was the lemon one which is for my nephew's mother, Suli. I love that lemon fabric and have a bit more...almost don't want to part with that one and it is backed in a cute yellow fabric too. I need to make myself, my daughter, and maybe Kathy's older nieces an apron too so there may be another set of four one of these days! I am really pleased to have been so productive on my day off!



2 comments:

Jane said...

Double your money's worth with them being reversible

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those aprons are adorable! Great fabric choices!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...