Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Happy Fourth of July! Kathy and I had blueberry pancakes this morning to celebrate. We have steak marinating for later. Out big plans include going swimming at her sister's at some point, and getting her OC quilt top together. It is nice to have a relaxing weekend together...after this she works every other weekend!
Here are all of my stars so far in honor of the fourth of July. They are looking pretty good though I have no idea how to put them all together into one quilt or if I should divide them up into a few quilts.
Philla from my NewQuiltingClub sent me these yellow fabrics for a sewing bee win I think. They are really cute! Thanks Philla, you rock!
This is the one of the challenge blocks Sandy sent out to the NewQuiltingClub and after cutting a zillion strips into mostly 2 1/2 inch strips for Bonnie at Quiltville's scrap system (what a good idea Bonnie) I decided to reward myself by working on this star. The star actually went together pretty decently--only ripped a few times to try to make the points match better. The set in squares and triangles were another matter...in this pic I ripped all but one out and I will try again today. I have successfully done set in seams but it has been awhile so I will try to get it right today! I love the blue fabric with the different colored circles on it...it was leftover from the backing of Mac's Love Beads quilt!

2 comments:

Sue said...

The stars are lovely...and I reckon would look good together in a quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like all of the stars together -- no two stars are alike, remember? (or was that snowflakes?) Happy star making!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...