Saturday, November 1, 2014

Blocks, Blocks and More Blocks!



Today Kathy and I went to 35th Ave. and picked up the second to last Traditions BOM.  The year has flown by!  I also picked up a 1/4 inch foot for my Featherweight.  I had no idea there was such a thing available until last weekend's quilt camp.  I am not sure this is the same foot that the gals there were telling me about, but it seems to be alot more accurate than the tiny foot I had.  Yay on that!  I also made my Wild and Goosey Block so I could do my Quiltville Open Studio check-in for the weekend.  That really motivates me to get one done!
I then finally caught up on the RSC Sampler blocks (unless Angela posted another one in the past hour or two!) So here is Road to Oklahoma.  

And here is Twinkle Star.  The above photo shows my OOPS! I was Skyping with Barb and had been sewing for a long time and I held this up all proud and Barb said..umm let me see that again....haha! So I unstitched it after dinner and then after my workout I restitched it.  I have tried to use of leftover parts (that are overflowing from a bin) and this block has four leftover Celtic Solstice pieces.  I trimmed them down and ignored the fact that the star was supposed to be blue and the background white and called it good.  Love it when that works out!  And it made a slightly more involved block suddenly more doable, or as Barb says "I cheated" ha!

 I also made this block before dinner.  Nice easy # 22 from Tula Pink's City Sampler.  Since I already did block 21, I am set for this week!  Choose your own blockalong is coming along nicely!  Linking up with Live a Colorful Life!


 What a fun happy bunch of blocks they are!  So glad I will soon be wrapping up my RSC and then getting into this one...only so much space on the design wall!
I also made panel # 3 for Herringbone.  I have 5 to go, so much to sew and not enough time!
I got a new laptop today--my old one had more issues than I can tell you...worst of all it developed a jumping cursor so every time I typed I had to delete and find my spot and then ten keys later do it all over again.  It made it hard to blog, or answer emails from home.  Last night it wiped a whole bunch of my programs for the second time and rather than try to fix it all again we got me a new laptop.  That one will be reset by someone who knows more than us and Kathy will use it.  She is happy because hers died awhile ago and she has been using a super old laptop since.  So here's to hoping this laptop lasts me longer!

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love the Twinkle Star Block. Glad you fixed the little oops, but so cool that you were able to use leftover parts. Looks like you had a great weekend.

Scrappy quilter said...

You have been busy. Have fun with you new laptop.

Kevin the Quilter said...

I need to get this foot attachment for my FW too! You do so much work in such a little amount of time Andee! How do you do it????

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....