Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day Sewing!

 Last night I arrived home to a box full of goodies from Jennifer for my Santa Swap Sack exchange!  I can hardly wait to open these goodies!  Feels like a long wait yet!  I have her gifts all made, but need to get to wrapping and boxing them up.  I have a blog post showing all the goodies but it won't be posted until she opens them!
I have a guild meeting tonight and we are supposed to bring apple themed food.  I found a Weight Watchers friendly recipe on Spark Recipes and since I worked late last night, Kathy baked it for me!  I am hoping to get a piece and find out if it is as good as it smells!

Since today is Veterans Day the college I work at is closed.  I picked up a short shift and my phone interpreting job but don't have to go in til 3:30, so I have spent my day sewing!  So nice to get my Traditions BOM done for November (one more block to go!).




 I also got my Rolling Stone block for the Classic Meets Modern Quiltalong done.  I loved her example block with the chevrons, so I went with that and tried to find fabrics that worked with the only chevron fabric I think I have (okay the only one I saw when I did a quick search)!  Only one more block to go with this.  I sure hope Erin has something else up her sleeve to sew together when this one is done, because I have really enjoyed it!  I know I am still following a pattern, but it requires me to be a little more creative than I normally am and I LOVE some of these blocks so much.  I still want to make an entire tiny top of just leaves.  Why, I have no idea...but I do!  Go see what the others have been up to with their projects so far--Sew at Home Mummy's blog has a linkup!




 I have also been crocheting some Packer scarves for Christmas gifts when I get a sit down minute!  My left shin is improving, but no more hiking yet.
Happy Veterans Day to all our vets, and thank you for your sacrifices big and small!  As an ex military wife I know what some of those sacrifices are and am ever so grateful for our freedom.  Here is one of my favorite pictures of my ex with our daughter before his deployment some years back.

Just for fun I am linking up with Free Motion by the River!

1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

You've been busy. Love all your different projects.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....